Colt Enhanced ultimate officers

Master Blaster

Hi George, I was hoping you could give me some good advice with regard to my new Colt Enhanced Officers ACP. Satinless Ultimate model

I have heard that I should replace the bushing because its fragile, and I should also replace the recoil plug cause the lug will shear off and launch my spring and plug to neptune.

I looked at the plug and it appears to be very heavy duty forged and machined stainless steel, is it possible to get a better replacement and if so what do you recommend as a drop in fit?
Ditto on the Bushing.

Colt tells me the one I have was made in 1994 :rolleyes: They also told me that it was a government model when i first gave them the serial number.

They are sending me a manual for free.

;)

FWIW, my wife wanted something small for ccw and bought a 1991A1 Compact (she REALLY wanted the ultimate bright stainless, but balked at the price-is she ever mad that she didn't get one now!). I also heard horror stories about the spring cup and bushing, so I fitted a Kings barrel bushing with a captive recoil spring guide and plug, and her pistol has been running along happily ever since. These are not a drop in parts, but a gunsmith should be able to hook you up for not a whole lot. Tear down does require a bushing wrench, but the result was worth it to me.

MB, I've never cared for the Colt captive plug. I haven't seen one shear off but I've heard of it happening. I think David has found the answer for that. The Kings is a good system for that pistol. I always recommend replacing the factory bushing in 1911 pistols but not necessarily because they are fragile; just loose. Kings makes a very good bushing for this gun as well. George

Back