Colt Diamondback 22LR value

magician422

I know nothing about Colt revolvers, so any and all information would be helpful. I came across an ad for someone selling a Colt Colt Diamondback 22LR. Manufacturing date is from 1978. He has it priced at $850 and provided no other information. Is the gold on the trigger and hammer standard or was that custom designed? Also, is $850 the correct value of this gun?

Pictures attached

Attachments

• 1896019.jpg
    1896019.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 3987431.jpg
    3987431.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 83
$850, reflecting a decrease in value due to the modified hammer and trigger, is a pretty good price.
I saw one at a Cabela's over the weekend, and I think it was well over $1000; maybe $1399?
Check the high bids on gunbroker.

Engine turned and gold plated hammer and trigger (and cylinder screw) are aftermarket.
I would say they pretty well knock the collector/speculator interest and big money in the head, but as the pristine guns get locked up in collections, the oddballs are selling better.

One of if not the nicest 22 handgun I ever owned was a Diamondback. I see what guns are going for then look around. If a gun is more than they are going for but I can live with it, I buy it. Nice as the Diamondback is, it's not worth more than your willing to pay.

Back