Colt Defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

1star

Inactive
What is this, anyway. A factory semi custom carry, or a competition gun, or? I saw one at a gun show last week and am impressed. I don't mind stainless but would rather have a matt finish. Not much info on the colt website. Is there anything comparable out there cheaper? Thanx,

------------------
SJR

It's mainly designed to be a carry piece. I can think of 2 other pistols that are similar in size. A Sprigfield Ultra Compact which retails at $609 for a parkerized finish according to their web site, and a Kimber Ultra Carry. The Kimber should go for about $50 to $100 more than the Springfield.

IMHO both of these are better than the Defender and probably about the same price range if not a bit less. Colt's pistols have been on and off with their reliability recently. From my own experience more off than on if it's a production model and not something expensive from their custom shop. YMMV.

I have a defender. It's currently my carry weapon. I like the hogue grips, the no-snag Novak sights, and I think the breakdown is simpler than other 1911's I've seen. I have heard a LOT of people complain about colts, including Mute here, but thank the Lord I have not encountered a single problem with it. It might be wise to go with the advice of this board and avoid Colt. As stated, Kimber and Springfield are close competitors. Also, in the hi capacity range, Para-Ordance makes the P-12 and P-10. I think the P-12 is larger than the defender, and though I own a P-14, I did not like the P-10's I saw. Springfiled also makes a hi capacity similar to the P-10.

My Defender makes me happy :) :) :) and hopefully will continue to do so in the future!

Mute, what is IMHO? I keep seeing it and I am clueless.

------------------
I hate laws that make me a criminal without me even knowing it.
Connecticut is the "Constitution" State
http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/beefclub

[This message has been edited by othermarc (edited September 02, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back