Colt Defender Opinions? Anyone have one?

45automan

Hey guys any opinions on these guns. They seem pretty expensive. I managed to find a few that were resonable in price. Are they as reliable as the full size 1911's.
Do they take the full size 7rd mags?
Thanks,45automan

I know a couple of people who have them and swear by them. I know you don't see very many used which indicates those that have them keep them. (Actually, I've seen none.) The one I shot was OK (reliable and very accurate), but I just don't particularly care for short-barreled .45s. The Defender takes a Officer Model lenghth magazine. The Colt factory magazines are really Metalforms with a Colt stamp.

I really wanted one myself for a while. I love the way the feel, especially with the wraparound grips. But then I shot a friends Springfield v10 ultra compact. The Springfield is a heavier gun and it's ported and it still had a pretty mean recoil, enough so that I didn't think it was a fun gun to shoot and that is my first priority in a gun. As much as I hate to say it, if I were to get a compact I'd probably go with a Keltec p11 and I really don't like 9mms.

Back