Colt caves in, someone please verify and comment

Joe Portale

Well folks,

It seems the short end of the wedge has been driven in. I just heard that Colt WILL stop selling handguns to the general public. This does not include "collector" type firearms, what ever that means. Folks, we have been badly wounded on this.

What is with Colt? Who the hell is running that company. The news brief said that Colt sited the law suits as a primary factor in this decision. WHY? There has been only one lawsuit to actually make it a jury decision and that was a fluke and didn't even involve Colt.

In the same newscast, the talking head stated that Colt will be filing for Chapter 11 in the near future. Again, what they happened here.

------------------
Joe Portale
Sonoran Sidewinder
Tucson, Arizona territory

There's another thread out there which contains a fax from Colt. Colt is discontinuing a lot of products, but their Govt. model & ARs will still be available. Most DA revovlers are gone.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

I just read a blurb on the Communist News Network that Colt was doing this. I sure am glad that I opted for a BM rather than a H-Bar. Looks like Swila or what ever the CEO;s name is managed to get the rights to the Colt name and is going to go ahead and kill the company as we know it, but keep the lucrative military end and iColt open for business. I wonder if getting that check from the gov for further development of smart gun technology had anything to do with this weenie's decision.

Back