colt buntline 45 lc

BOLANTEJ

okay, i found a buntline colt sn# sa450XX. $1400 otd.

i am one of those that feel that you should always shoot what you own, so, what do you think?

it's barely been turned once, no nicks, dings or bruises.

thanks for all your help.

a rreal Colt Buntlime huh?

Well let me think about this...it has a firing pin, right?...and it has a rifled barrel too I'll bet...and a cylinder chambered for a specific cartridge too...
I'D SAY SOMEBODY EXPECTED THAT SIXGUN TO GO BOOM EVERYTIME THE HAMMER FELL ON A LOADED CHARGE HOLE!!!!!!
Guns are meant to be shot. now go buy it, shoot the livin' 'ell out of it aand let your heirs worry about what it is worth after you're dead and gone.

Is it in the original box with all the paperwork? If the cylinder was turned, it lost about $500 in collector value. FYI it was made @ 1980. Has it been shot? The first time you shoot it (if it hasn't been shot, relish the moment, it'll be about a $400 one). If it has been shot and you really like it, buy it. I've seen NIB third generations for 1450 otd. Last NIB Buntline I saw was over 2000 and IIRC they quit making them in 85..

If it hasn't been fired, I personally wouldn't fire it unless I was okay about taking a big hit in loss of value, if and when I resold it later. I'd leave an unfired collectible Colt to a collector who's willing to pay the extra bucks for the condition. Then I'd find myself a gun like it that's in shooter condition to take to the range.

My $0.02.

i think i just want to shoot it. seems a shame to put such a purty gun to waste away in the safe. who knows, maybe my 30 carbine ruger will suffice and help me leave it alone. i may even get a vaquero when the 45 lc itch gets me. thanks for helping.

INTRINSIC VALUE

Even an un-fired nickel-plated gold-inlaid engraved ivory-gripped new-in-box Colt collectable is STILL A GUN.

Go shooting, be happy!

thank you

thanks for all of your positive feedback. i will shoot it. any suggestions for care of the case-hardened finish? any special treatment? thanks again.

Back