Colt AR-15 Scopes

Anthony

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with Colt's factory scopes designed to mount on the handle of an AR-15?

Are they worth the money?

CFI has three versions for sale, but the differences escape me.

I'm looking to mount it on a Colt Sporter with a fixed carry handle. Currently I have an ARMS mount with an Aimpoint 5000 on it.

All input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

- Anthony

I have the Colt (by C-More) 4 x 21 with Bullet Drop Compensator for my HBAR. It works great and I believe it's all the scope any standard AR needs.

Mikey

I've had experience with the Colt 3 and 4 power scopes. They have wide crosshairs that can block small targets (3"or 4" diameter) at 100 yards and on. It needs a target about the size of a paper plate to shoot accurate at 100 yds. They cost a lot more than the red dots, but I like some magnification in my optics. Most AR's will shoot a lot better than this scope will allow. In my experience, the average HBAR will shoot about 1 moa with the right ammo. I don't have any experience with the Chinese copies of the Colt scope.

I have the little chinese clone of the Colt scope, but 4X where the original Colt was 3X. It can be removed and replaced while keeping the zero. The scope WILL enhance your accuracy with the AR15 despite detractors in this thread. The secret is holding the same sight picture every time, not how thin or thick the cross hairs are. The chinese scope cost less than $100 when the Colt cost $270. This was several years ago. I've also heard good reports on the Leapers clone of the Colt scope <$50 in SGN. Good shooting!

Back