Colt anaconda ?

BlackDiamond

Inactive
I am thinking of buying a new revolver i would not get anything less than a .44mag so i was looking at the Colt Anaconda.
I was shooting with an old buddy and he pulled out a sweet stainless anaconda and i fell in love.
I went to one of my local gunshops and they wanted around 820.00 for an anaconda with an 8in barrel my frend says he payed around 600.00 for his so is this just bad luck that now i want one so they are more or should they be closer to 600.00.
I live i illinois and i know how much price changes between the states so what should they go for and what is a good price to look for i see that they say in the old 1999edition of gun digest the retail is 629.00

any help would be nice

thanks

If the one you looked at is new, that is about the going rate.

They don't make them anymore.

They are supposedly bringing them back into production, but they aren't on the market yet. If they make it, they won't be any cheaper.

If you want to spend less, you may find used ones on the market in the $550.00-$650.00 range.

Or, I could be completely wrong, as usual.;)

My Anaconda is sweet, so much so that I just picked up a Python to round out the collection.

Anyway, I forget what I paid for the Anaconda, but I think it was around 450 or so, NIB. That was about 3-4 years ago. 800 sounds really high to me. For comparison, check www.auctionarms.com and www.gunbroker.com.

I bought one in March for $599. It was hardly fired and Magnaported with a 8" barrel. I love it.

Back