Colt Anaconda vs Ruger SRH

Las Vegan Cajun

I've been looking at a Ruger SRH .44 Magnum SS, local gun store has one for $469.

Today I come across a Colt Anaconda at the same gun store for $1069.

What makes the Colt so much better than the Ruger to justify an extra $600 in the price tag?

Money is no object, but is the extra $600 for the Colt Anaconda over the Ruger SRH really worth it?

Last edited:
"Money is no object" better not say that anywhere near the gunshop or that Anaconda will become $1,500 and the Ruger $1,000!

The Anaconda is a fine revolver, but in my opinion it's not worth $1,000. Colt should have stuck with the old production of them instead of the jacked up prices they're trying to gouge us with today.

I'd rather have an Anaconda than a Redhawk, but with that price difference I won't pay for the Colt.

There's something to be said for the Anaconda's lines... as opposed to SRH which may well be the result of an illicit union between incompatible pieces of plumbing hardware.

HEY GUYS:GUNNUTS HERE,About 4 years ago I bought a NIB COLT ANACONDA,8" barrel for $433.00,at that time colt had a promo. going on thay sent me a check for $20.00,so the gun coat me $413.00,very good shooter!I have a redfield golden five star on it in 1.5X7,its a keeper!

Thanks For The Replies

Well if I win a little more like last night, won $175 at the crap and blackjack tables and a won whopping $7 on the Powerball Lottery, I won't regret spending the extra $600 on the Anaconda.:rolleyes:

The Ruger is probably stronger :)

Garret sells a".44Mag +P" load, a 330grain hardcast doing 1,400fps that as potent as some .454s and easily in .480 territory.

It's labeled "RUGER REDHAWK/SRH ONLY", both for strength reasons and the load is shaped for the slightly over-length cylinder.

If it was me, I'd get the Ruger and have a trigger job and sight swap done, and still save a ton of money.

I agree with GUNNUTS. I bought an Anacoda a few years back for $400. Las Vegas Cajun, that much is rediculous in price.
I understand Anaconda is back in production now. That should (let's hope) drive the cost down, I guess as anything, it's supply and demand.

Back