Colt Anaconda/New Service parts compatibility

MrBlonde

I have read that the Colt New Service can use the same grips as the Anaconda, because it has the same, or a similar frame. Does anyone know if this is this true? What about other parts? I was just thinking how nice this good ol' revolver would look with a good set of Pachmayr presentation grips.

The frames are "similar" but the New Service has not been made for almost 60 years. Why not check with Pachmayr (www.pachmayr.com) or Colt on the grips? As for other parts, the Anaconda is totally different inside from the New Service, and AFAIK, no parts are interchangeable. Parts are available for the Anaconda, so there would be no reason to try to use parts from any other revolver.

Jim

Thanks for the help, Jim. I thought that sounded weird, and I didn't want to embarrass myself buying grips that didn't work on my gun.

I am sorry about the double post, but my internet connection is really slow and messed up, and it won't load the edit page. But anyways, sure enough I checked http://www.pachmayr.com and there were some presentation grips for the New Service! Thanks again for the help.

Back