Colt Anaconda is back

Interesting, new lockwork, not just digging out the plans for the Mk V action.

12 lb DA is kind of tough, 5 lb SA is absurd.
New Python Has heavy SA, too, but good for factory DA.

I figured this would be the next snake gun let go into the wild. Maybe not the Colts of yesteryear, but damn fine guns in their own right.

My new Cobra and King compare very well against their older counterparts. My old 1964 Python however, beater it is, well, if any thing compares to it, I haven't found it.

Anyway, I'd be interested in the new Conda for the right price.

I don’t see a Diamondback in .38. The King Cobra already fills that niche. The frame is smaller than either the original King Cobra or the new Python. Then there is the new Cobra on the smaller frame. The Diamondback had the same size frame as the Cobra, so I don’t see a lot of demand for a DB in .38. But maybe a .22 down the road?

Anybody know where to find one at a "fair" price? Looks like GunBroker has them running around 2K or so.

Dave P said:
Anybody know where to find one at a "fair" price? Looks like GunBroker has them running around 2K or so.

Define "fair" ? In these still panic buying times people loose their minds as soon as the word "Colt" revolver is spoken. After I watched the comprehensive rise / fall / rise / fall miserably documentary of the history of the Colt Armory I lost all faith and respect for the name that stood for quality.

I take 2 things from this...

1) The revolver market is back in near full force. After years of playing second fiddle to semis and often being deemed “irrelevant,” revolvers have come back enough so that Colt is now offering a revolver that honestly has always served a niche role.

2) I remember Colt gloating about how the government/military market was going to be all they needed as a business model. Apparently that ship sailed because I don’t see the military buying anacondas. *Snickers at Colt*

I'd say the ammo shortage has to have a positive effect on revolvers.
Reloading AND chasing empties is way easier with a revolver.

:cool:

My local dealer HAD one in stock. It went quickly for $1700 (plus tax) which I thought was reasonable for what it was and the time. I understand it never went out on the counter. (I bought one of the first Pythons they sold the same way...You got one? Yes...I'll take it.) I haven't been in lately to ask if they've gotten anymore, but I haven't seen them listed on the stores website.

I think you did the right thing Cajun. I wonder if CZ will keep producing those Pythons in the same factory in CT. They may also raise MSRP, change design, etc. I would rather get one now than worry about all that to possibly save couple of $100 later.

I picked a 6" up today from Sportsman's.i paid $1499 plus South Carolina tax. This is smoother than the 2020 Python. I may have just been lucky to get a well assembled gun.

I have a Diamondback in 22. Sure would like one in 38. Back when I bought the DB in 22, there were way more available in 38.

I saw the new Anaconda yesterday. If I didn’t already own 44 magnum, I would have bought it. It was beautiful and less than $1600.

Back