Colt 3x20 Scope ?

Floyd1966

Inactive
Hi everyone, I am new here. Here's short bit of info, about me. My father passed away Aug 2016, and I inherited all of his stuff. In this stuff I found a New mid 70's Colt 3 x 20 Scope for a M-16/AR-15 handle mount scope. I never knew he had it, and we haven't owned a AR in years. So basically, I have no use for it. Where would be a good place to post this part to sell it. What would be a good starting price for one these in excellent condition? The scope looks like it is New, & and has never been mounted on a rifle.
I know this is probably the wrong place to post this item, but will you all help me out? here are a couple of pictures of what I have.

Thanks in advance
Floyd

When i was looking to sell mine with the gun, i only found one in my search.

Used it was $300. Not many available and it is COLT.

Put on Gunbroker for a starting price of $300.

Last edited:
Sorry about your loss. Thats a neat piece and id hang onto it. Would look nice even if not on a gun but on a shelf in someone's reloading/gun room.

Thanks,@Upstate81. I would love to keep all of the stuff, but I can not, there is just way to much. Since I made this post I have been researching this piece, there are a couple on Gun Broker one new, one very used. I took it to a Tactical shop here in town, and I thought the guys eyes were going to bug out. He told me that he had never seen one like it. and that it was in excellent shape. The owner of the shop wouldn't buy it, but the sales guy sure was drooling over it.

I found the one I have at a swap meet sitting on someone's table. Had a $50.00 tag on it so I bought it. Never have bought an AR but the scope is quite cool. You sight it in at 100 yards (meter?) and turn the know to the distance you want. Mine says it's a 4x20 BTW. :cool:
Paul B.

I have a Chinese knockoff of that scope, Leapers brand, picked it up for like $60 if I remember correctly. Works surprisingly well.

I wonder who in Japan made them for Colt?

If memory serves...

The Colt 3x20 optics were manufactured by Hakko of Japan, from 1965 to 1972.

It would be rather "retro" to see one on top of an SP1 build.

Jimro

Back