Colt 1991A1

paull

Is it my imagination or do the same pistols that cost $379. wholesale in August now can't be found for less than $500.?
I believe this is one model that will be continued to be produced.
Maybe I'm just nostalgic...

Paull, I believe the Colt communique state that the 1991A1 is dicontinued. Only the new XS series will be produced.(in the 1911A1)

You are right about the 1991A1 prices. Even a few months ago they could be found on the internet, and at gun shows for $375. NIB. The announcement that they were discontinued spurred the dealers to raise the prices as the market demanded (speculators).

This puts them right in the range of Springfield Loadeds and Kimbers...go figure!

According to my gun dealer, the M1991A1 has been discontinued.
It is really sad, it is such a fine weapon.

Cowboy

You are correct sirs...
Many apologies for my inaccuracy...
I must agree with your opinions of this handgun, a fine piece...
Unfortunately, now out of my price range...
Any other suggestions on an affordable .45 ACP..?
paull

Not true fellas. The 1991 series WAS going to be discontinued, but someone persuaded Colt to change their minds. I actually called Colt a few days ago to ask them about this and I was told that the 1991 series WAS NOT going to be discontinued.

However, the original fax from Colt did include the 1991 series on the discontinued list, so it would make sense that many dealers do not know that it hasn't been.

I too have seen their prices skyrocket. When I bought my 1991, it cost me about $425. I now see them going for upwards of $600 just because people think there will never be any more of them. Wait a while and prices will hopefully come back down to Earth.

Well, I went to the show in Houston this weekend and decided to shoot a partial load and get a Ruger P97...
Not the most beautiful machine, but performs as well as any in my meager collection. Maybe I can take another look this coming weekend, since the gun shows are coming fast and furious this holiday (read: millenium)season.

I called Colt Customer Service today and was told they will keep the 1991 in production. They are still filling orders according to the gentleman I spoke with.

Interesting about Colt's change of mind. After Colt's announced that 1991A1s would be discontinued, they were selling at a local gun shop for $650 and at the area gun show for $800! I bet that anybody who bought them at those prices is kicking himself now.

Back