Colt 1911 Competition

TunnelRat

Hi all,

I've been looking at picking up a Colt 1911. I had been looking at the Competition model and a lgs has a few that are used. One of those pistols has a serial number that starts with CCS. Does this relate to the Colt Custom Shop? The other pistols had serial numbers that started with SCC. Also, does anyone have any experience with this particular model?

https://www.colt.com/series/COMPETITION_SERIES

Thanks,

-TR

Last edited:
The only “competition” model from Colt’s custom shop is the Colt Custom Competition. Msrp is around $2400.

Jim

Interesting, thank you. FWIW I’ve added the model page for the pistol in question to the first post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one in .45acp and the serial number starts wit CCS. I purchased this three or four years ago and have been very happy with it. At the time I think they only offered them in black, but now they offer stainless models. Is it possible the CCS is for black and the SCC is for stainless.

I have one in .45acp and the serial number starts wit CCS. I purchased this three or four years ago and have been very happy with it. At the time I think they only offered them in black, but now they offer stainless models. Is it possible the CCS is for black and the SCC is for stainless.

Seems like a plausible explanation, thanks! The ones in question actually do differ by finish and my mind just blanked on it.

The only negatives I had read in some reviews were the finish wearing a bit easily and a loose fitting safety. How was your pistol in that regard? The one I’m looking at actually is the stainless. I have a Springfield Armory Range Officer in black and this is meant to be a bit of a companion to it. I like the feature set a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I handled a buddy's 9mm Competition, and it felt good.
One of the few 1911s that my grip reliably disengages the grip safety.
I haven't seen one in a local store, so don't know anything about regional pricing, but it should be priced within a $100 of a stainless Springfield Range Officer?

I agree that the finish may not be the best I've ever seen, but no issues. I did buy a leather holster and carried it a little bit with no noticeable wear. As for function I've had really zero issues and found it fairly accurate. The fit seems good it doesn't "rattle" as much as my SA GI model, but isn't as tight as my Wilson.

Back