Colt 1903 (gun of the day)

johnwill

Here's a nice Colt 1903 from 1921. Amazingly accurate for a .32ACP with tiny sights. :)

67842_Colt_1903_410small1.jpg

I have one just like it although the grips are plain with only a Colt emblem stamp at the top of the grip panels. Mine was manufactured between 1910-1926. It is perhaps my favorite handgun. Accurate little cuss.

There is another grip that is pretty common, the brown one with the colt medallion. I've seen 1903's with those around, but I don't know exactly when specific grip types were fitted.

The walnut checkered grips with the Colt medallion were used on the Type IV guns, the last version manufactured.

In my opinion, the Colt (Browning) 1903/1908 may be the closest thing to a perfect pistol!

I'm just trying to do my part and buy at least one gun a month! So far this year, I've exceeded my quota by about three guns a month! :D

Well, I haven't posted the Remington Model 51 yet, it's a very nice shooting gun. :) It points very naturally, and deserves the reputation for shootability that it has. OTOH, there's nothing wrong with the Colt, it's also a nice shooting little gun.

Back