Colt 1903 380 frame

Nickc8

Inactive
I feel like i have searched far and wide and have been for honestly almost a year now. I am very interested in buying a colt 1903 in 380 but they are running a little too high for what i want to spend. So i figured maybe i can build one. I already have with my 1903 in 32 so i figured i can do the same. My only problem is, is that for the life of me i cant find a 1903 frame in 380. Does anyone know where i can purchase a frame or even have a cheap 1903 in 380 for sale? Im open to buy a pistol or have a project one just need to find something in the right range.

Ps i have scoured places such as gunbroker. Im looking for a suggestion a little more outside the box if possible.

Thanks for all the help

Soooo any suggestions to my original post? At this point im actually thinking of maybe trying to put on the entire 380 slide assembly along with a 380 mag and trying a conversion. If this is something that could work it could be easier and more cost effective. Of course im curious if someone would have a little more knowledge on the topic.

Wander over to the Colt Forum and ask. Likely you will get lots of answers and so can pick the answer you like. Keep us posted on the journey.

I would be willing to bet that by the time you piece together a functional Colt M1908, you will have at least as much, if not more invested than if you had just went out and bought one. Plus all it will ever be is a pile of parts and no doubt worth less than you’ll have in it.

Sorry if this isn’t what you wanted to hear, but my experience tells me it is pretty much the way it is.

According to my1970's NRA manual...

the the .32 Colt can be switched to the .380 by the substitution of the barrel and vise-versa.

RE.: The NRA Guidebook to Handguns - Firearms Assembly II

Back