Colt 1860 Army year of manufacture

Gun Toter

Inactive
I have an original Colt 1860 Army pistol that I am trying to determine the year it was manufactured. I am fairly sure it was after the Civil War, but I am hoping someone out there has info on serial numbers and dates of manufacture. The serial number is 155420. It is a very well worn pistol and the markings are nearly worn off but it is stamped on top of the barrel -ADDRESS COL SAML COLT NEW-YORK AMERICA-

It does not appear to have an engraved cylinder scene and all the parts are matching serial numbers. The frame is not cut for the shoulder stock.

It belonged to my Grandfather and I got it after he died in 1978. I believe he got it many years before from a cousin of his and my grandmother told me when she gave it to me she thought the cousin had got it in China. I don't know if she was correct or not about that though. Anyway, it is well worn and pretty loose from a lot of firing.

If anyone can tell me the year it was made I would appreciate it. Thanks

------------------
Gun Toter

Gun Toter, based on the serial number you've provided your Colt Model 1860 Army was made in 1865. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

------------------
After today, its all historical

Back