College of the Ozarks

If you're near Branston, Missouri, you must go to the College of the Ozarks and see the Morris Museum. They have a fantastic firearm collection there including a percussion rifle made for Austrian Emperor Franz Joseph. There's also a full stock Hawkens rifle there in the vitrine next to it. Well over 1,500 firearms old and new (scoped rifled, S&W and Colt revolvers) are displayed including Granny's double barrel shotgun.

Granny? Well, Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies. You can't miss it because it's strapped to the rocking chair that is sitting atop of the original truck used in that TV series. For some ducats you can climb in and have your photograph taken too (I didn't).

Oh, the restaurant on campus is quite good and moderately priced.

Thanks for the heads-up !!

If you're near Branston, Missouri, you must go to the College of the Ozarks and see the Morris Museum.
I've been to Branson, a couple of times and heard of this but was not aware of the Morris Museum. Thanks for the heads-up ....... :)

Be Safe !!!

I didn't know that about the Bass Pro Shop in Springfield. I went right by it and went to Carthage to see the state park (battlefield).:(

Back