Collector or Shooter

Neener Neener

1576e_sbeatlanticflyway_gun_l.jpg
I have always been one of those guys who thought it was ridiculous under most circumstances to buy a gun and not shoot it. However, I came across a screaming deal on a Benelli SBE II 25th Anniversary Flyaway Edition. It is an absolutely gorgeous piece with a production of only 400 for each of the 4 variants, with mine being the Atlantic Edition. Given the limited run and beauty of the gun I am wondering if this will appreciate more in value as an unfired collector's piece. Thoughts?

Attachments

• benelli.jpg
    benelli.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 58
Shoot it!

I would shoot it. I really don't see the collector value in that particular gun.

Yes it is a great looking gun. Yes it has lovely wood. I just don't see the potential appreciation being worth not using the gun.

There are folks that collect guns, and there are those that collect heavy boxes.

It is rare for any special edition gun to have any more value than a standard version. In fact they are harder to sell, thus the screaming deal.

Shoot it

Long term, I doubt its collector value will be worth much either......( same thing with ducks unlimited special editions., etc )... In some cases, the special editions, end up being less valuable than the standard edition models of the same gun...because noone really wants them - especially in pumps or semi autos.

If you don't want to shoot it ...I would suggest you sell it....hopefully make a few bucks..and buy something else.

Do not shoot it with 3-11/2" loads unless you have strong masochistic tendencies. Without the two piece stock that thing will belt you big time.

On yes, shoot it !!!

Every dog deserves one good bite. ..... :D

Shoot it to appreciate it's design your satisfaction. ........ :)

Be Safe !!!

That gun was made to be used, so shoot away. "Dinner guns" and the like rarely go up in value at a different rate than regular ones.

" Dinner Guns"...never heard that term before...???

Are they different than "supper" guns...or "buffet" guns...or "barbecue" guns...???:D:D

Unfired, brand new, in the box with all the papers and accessories (if any) a case can be made to keep it that way.

EVERYTHING collectible today wasn't collectible when first made.

There may not be any collector interest TODAY, but 30, 40, 50 years from now, who can say?

Might not matter to you, but your heirs might have a different situation. ;)

If you don't have all the extras with it, might as well use it.

Back