collecting powders for 6mm Creedmoor

Longshot4

So far I have found Enduron IMR 4166 to be surprisingly accurate and quick to load very accurate 95gr. SST hunting loads.

Now I'm looking to move up to more testing for 8:1 twist. I'm going to try 105, 107,108 and 109gr pills. Accuracy is my main concern. I have IMR 4350, H Superformance and Ram Shot (Hunter). I'm considering getting some Enduron IMR 4451.

Is there any one with experience with the 6 CR for powder suggestions out there?

try 38.5 gn of H4350, Rem 9 1/2 primers, 107 SMK seated just off touch. Gave me .4's at just under 2900 FPS in a 29 inch barrel

Throat of the barrel looked like a abandoned parking lot after 1K rounds but for those 1000 rounds it was a tackdriver

Last edited:
Hounddawg H 4350 is now on my list. The 9 1/2 Rem. are also on the list. I hate the shortage. I'm using Lapua small rifle primers. Previously I tried some IMR 4350 with the CCI 4BR primers. Also tried IMR 4064 and ended up with IMR Enron 4166 with my 95gr. SST for hunting. The 4166 surprised me on its accuracy. But now I'm looking to move up the weight. So I suspect another powder will be needed to get equal accuracy. Has any one tried Enrom 4451... with the 6 CR and 105, 107, 108 or 109?

Going from a hunting bullet to a heavy match bullet requires a rethink.

Your still looking for the accuracy nodes. But to what distance will you be shooting, and in what dicipline?
For shorter range (100-400 yards) precision work, a lower velocity accuracy node will work to your benefit. A lot of Varget used here.

For something like PRS & F-Class, you may want the accuracy node at a higher velocity.
The slower burning powders & temp stable are more desirable due to their velocity gains and the rate of fire. IMR4155, RL23, RL26, 7828 may suit you better.

With the overbore & slower burning powders, barrel life may be shortened though.

I have found that the 95gr. SST shoots very tight. So with that bullet I am set. The 6mm CR has been known for its ability to shoot heavy bullets compared to the 243 Win. Do to the faster twist and deeper throat. So I am looking to test loads to see how far my rifle will stabilize heaver bullets. That's what I like to do. Experiment I want to see if my rifle will handle 109gr... The 95gr. is great and it seams I should be able to find the limit in weight and accuracy.

Is there any one out there that has been working up loads? Not just loading to burn powder... Three years ago there was no manual with loads for the 6mm CR. It seams that the 6mm CR is all ready fading. The big rifle Mfgs. Wont even give it a chance. Coved strikes again.

Back