cobray M-12 .380, fun shooter or crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

navdoc

Inactive
I am in the market for a pistol that is fun to shoot, not too expensive, and reliable. I have been looking around a bit and it seems that Ruger and German Maks fill this bill pretty well but I think my interest in the Cobray is from watching too many episodes of Miami Vice!! Are the cobray pistols descent guns or are they crap that you can put together with Tec-9, etc.?

I didn't see anyone reply to your post. And was going to let someone more familiar with the cobray weapons take your question, but nobody did .In my Opinion you should spend your money on something else.When the thrill of having something cool to look at wears off, you will have a clunky oversized handgun that is hardly accurate. If you must have a semi-automatic machine pistol look alike save up some extra money and buy a quality one such as a Uzi,Steyr SPP or a Calico M950 pistol. :)

These MAC-alikes are pretty much as usless as the tech-9 weapons. What you have is an overweight weapon that was never designed to fire in a semi-auto mode. A glock is FAR more effective. I have often wondered why a non-collector would shell out 3000+ for a semi auto MP that's pretty much useless..
Go figure...

I have to pretty much agree with what the others have said... neat to have but fart useless. I wouldn't quite put them in the same category as the tec-9 though. The Cobray Macs I have handled have been very sturdy and reliable. They're a very simple design that's difficult to screw up. If you just want to throw a lot of lead downrange then yes, they are fun to shoot. If you actually want to hit anything downrange then... well, you know. ;)

If you decide to go with one then skip the .380 and get a 9mm. Accessories and ammo are much cheaper.

I've fired a full-auto Cobray 9mm. They're meant to be disposable hit-and-run assassination weapons. In other words, not reliable. Don't get me wrong, it is challenging and fun to learn how to control them, but you said reliable....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back