Coach Guns

Jaeger

Has anyone tried one of the new Russian made coach guns yet? I see that they are now offered with choke tubes. I also see that they can be had with a shotgun/rifle combination. 12/30/06, 12/308, 12/30-30, 12/45-70, 12/222 in side by side configuration. I handled of the first coach guns with the exposed hammers and the cylender bore and it looked like a pretty decent little shotgun. These new combo guns interest me but I am concerned about the sighting arrangement.

I may be waaaaaaaaay off base here, but my first impression of them is 100% junk. Never shot one, never will. I waited for 18 months to see one, just because I wanted a coach gun with exposed hammers. First thing I saw when I picked one up were the flimsy twisted pieces of wire they try to pass off as hammers. They may turn out to be a great little gun, but I just can't get past those awful hammers. I've owned pot metal toy guns that looked a lot stronger in the lock department.

I was wondering i am starting in cowboy shooting and i am inneed of a couch gun? are there any good enxpencive gun out there?
would one of the russian be a good pick or are there other brands?

House,

If you're in the market for a coach gun to use in CAS matches,get a Stoeger. These are well made,reliable guns that are used weekly by literally thousands of cowboy shooters.

Bill

thank you bill i was wondering how much do these Stogers cost? Do they have changeable chockes? i am new to cowboys so i dont want to spend alot on a gun.

12 ga, coach gun $267, nickel finish is $298
deluxe model $324 and it doesn;t say choke tubes on the 12 ga but on 20 ga has them and costs $360,this is out of a catalog wholesale
gives ya idea how over priced it will be :)

House,

Stoegers generally cost around $300 here in GA. My Stoeger is choked improved and modified,and I never have a problem with knockdown targets,even shooting Winchester Featherlite ammo.

Bill

Stoeger's a good pick. I got mine for about $300 out the door.

I, too, would like an affordable exposed-hammer scattergun, but like others here, I just couldn't get past the flimsy-looking hammers on that Russian model.

Now if I could find one of the discontinued Rossi coachguns, I'd pick that up in a heartbeat...

At my CAS club, 40% own IGA STOEGER sxs,hammerless, 20 gauge coach guns. We love them. At the rifle rack, there are so many parked, one has to mark your shotgun some way to distinguish it from others.

------------------
Courage is only fear that has said its prayers.

[This message has been edited by Ned Roundtree (edited January 02, 2000).]

Back