CNN misrepresents Mexican gun situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

oboe

This link is to a CNN article that misrepresents the true nature of the Mexican problem". It's an example of a news organization crossing the line to advocating, but presenting it as news. I hope there's a way for each of us to register our thoughts about this with CNN.

Here's the link:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/06/14/mexico.guns/index.html

I hope this is the correct way to present this issue on this web site.

As I stated in your last thread, before it was closed;

Purely designed to forward an agenda. Omissions of fact and extremely poor investigative technique lead to this type of story. Propaganda at it's finest.

And, as for saying something to cnn...I can scream at my deaf dog, yet she still continues to bark at the moon.

I don't believe that debating or contesting the story in the "comment" section on the site would make a difference to anyone, but a link posted there for here, after we discuss this a bit, might...

It seems to be a repetition of a long-since-discredited story.

So why repeat the lie?

Because they can. And they have an agenda that they need to push.

CNN- the truth is not found there.

This is not exactly the same as the previous thread - in this one, I'm focusing on CNN and deceptive reporting. CNN sometimes goes out of its way to present advocates from both sides of the political spectrum. In this case, the headline is seriously misleading, even about the content of the article. The article itself is misleading. If no objection is voiced, then it's just a free ride for anti-gun bigotry.

please at least state what is false reporting: example, the whole thing, which parts, etc.

don't get me wrong, reporting has never been my forte & I am against the reinstated ban. your not denying that these cartels do get many weapons from over the US border though right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back