CMP-Tisas M1911A1

So far I've four Tisas and zero problem, zero needed extractor adjusting, zero issues of feed, fire, eject with any ammo I've tried and with dozens of new and old 7 & 8 round magazines with one exception. Wilson Combat 920 8 round magazines required a follower change to a CheckMate follower.

Me too

I can report good quality from the Tisa's 1911 .45's. I've owned one for a few years now, very solid, with a great trigger. I'm not a big .45 guy, it always works when I do shoot it. It does tend to scatter the brass, dislike that.

Yes Turkish. I bought the Tisa's .45 from Bud's guns 3-4 years ago if memory serves, maybe 5.
My favorite fun store did the transfer for me, great shop I always check with them before, and do lots of business there.
All the guys in the shop checked it out since Tisa's was unknown at that time. Heck I bought it because it was the very cheapest new 1911 .45 I could find.
I was not and am not a big fan of the 1911, I do get why folks love them, it's a Meh for me, nice trigger tho. Seems like I paid about 300, as stated, all the guys in the shop were impressed by the pistol, esp. after they dry fired it. Turns out one of their wholesale reps had been bugging them to carry the line.

Grr. Why can nobody turn out a faithful copy of a gun with so many around to look at?

Everybody loves the double diamond grips but they quit using them when they went from 1911 to 1911A1. A Parkerized gun should have plastic.

An unmarked slide, which could and should be marked in the style of a service pistol. I have seen a couple done that way, the font and layout correct, it took a second look to see that it didn't say "Colt".

I realize we are stuck with an importer's mark but the serial number could have been located properly.

At least it has a high ejection port and a short trigger.

Grr. Why can nobody turn out a faithful copy of a gun with so many around to look at?

A) they may not be trying to make a faithful accurate reproduction, just something with approximately the same style.

B) Even when they are trying, sometimes mistakes happen.

Even the high end guys have mistakes from time to time.

I know of a case where a guy bought a reproduction 1918 date 1911, from a high end shop, known for the excellent work they do. Not cheap.

The gun was absolutely gorgeous, really beautiful and almost 100% right.

Except for one small thing. The slide was unmarked. Gun went back, on their dime, and came back in a week with all the correct markings, and an apology.

A. Maybe not, they are on the cheap end of the market.
B. But multiple departures from GI by chance?

That "good customer service" stuff is creeping ever higher in the market.
I just yesterday read about three high end guns of the same brand.
One is OK.
One went back to the company twice before it was right.
One went back once with no resolution, the owner fixed it himself.

Somebody, many somebodys, are not trying.

Somebody, many somebodys, are not trying.

Agree completely.

Even outfits with reputations for quality are letting way too much crap go out the door, these days, or so it seems.

Our local shop got 8 of the Colt (new) Pythons when they came out. 5 of them had to go back to Colt for function issues, and one was not operable at all, brand new in the box. Sad....

With a gun made in a foreign country aimed at the lower end of the market price wise, I'm more surprised when they get everything right, than when they don't.

I allow a certain (small) amount of mistakes in the first production run of a new design, but when you are building a gun who's basic design has been on the market for well over a century, there's no excuse for not doing it right other than simply bad management.

stuckinthe60s said:
whats the difference in price point for a real cmp 45?
As jar commented, probably at least $1,000.

Beyond that, I'm sure the CMP is looking ahead to when their stock of genuine USGI M1911s has been sold. The supply is not endless or inexhaustible. Having Tisas make NEW replicas that are at least as historically correct as any other replicas will mean they (the CMP) can continue to make 1911s available after the supply of real surplus pistols has dried up.

"Museum-grade replica"?

Trying to figure out if vendors are beginning to run out of descriptives or just another hyped up marketing term...

If all the parts are forged and it reasonably accurate, $480 doesn't seem like a bad price.

Back