Clp

I tried CLP and wasn't terribly impressed.

I now use FireClean on most of my guns. Gunzilla when there is some real scrubbing to be done.

I usually have some around and often use it to wipe down blued guns after cleaning. I also keep a can of BreakFree CLP in my range bag in case I decide to do some quick cleaning at the range or need some lube while shooting.

There are other things out there that make better lubes, some that may protect against corrosion better and may be better cleaners, but I can't say that I've found anything that is as good a combination package as BreakFree CLP.

Ill use hoppes for my barrel too. Im going to try my hand at cast bullets here soon, so Ill need to find a product to remove lead fouling.

I used nothing but Break Free for a number of years, but don't use it much at all, now.
I'm a big fan of Strike Hold as a cleaner and preservative, and use Wilson Combat Ultimalube oil and grease as lubricants.
Hoppe's still gets use for cleaning copper and wad fouling, and I use more than a little brake cleaner. I'm trying to get my family to agree that Marvel Mystery Oil smells good, so I can use it in the house; it's a decent solvent.

Back