Clinton's "New"? Anti Gun Initiative

Ezeckial

I called my congressman and both senators to discuss this very issue. Clinton has taken ownership of Republican issues in the past.

Call YOUR representative (202 224 3121) and explain your stance...ask what the BATF has done with the funds appropriated to them in the past eight (8) years. More importantly, get your rep to question this PUBLICLY! Demand an accounting! Demand that he or she get an accounting from the executive branch PUBLICLY!

Suggest that existing agents and resources can be reprioritized to this issue instead of spending MORE tax dollars.

Question WHY this "new initiative" from Clinton does not address the majority of violent crime, which is NOT done with firearms (Statistic I read was ~25% of violent crimes are done with firearms...that leaves ~75% not being addressed!)

Question WHY, if the FBI statistics report a 21% DECREASE in crime, are the funds being requested now. Your representative should question this publicly, both on the floor of the Congress and to ANY reporter in earshot.

Clinton stated (in his policy statement on this issue) that the decrease in crime was due to the "Assault Rifle" ban. So-called Assault rifles were used in less then 2% of crimes...Clinton's statement don't compute.
(By the way, remind your rep that the Republicans got their majority based upon a promise to overturn this insane law...so far, no results)

Request your representative maintain the pressure on the executive branch, continuously. until after the November 2000 elections.

Back