Clinton appointee Judges try Hubbell, C. Trie

• Thread starter Thread starter DC
  • Start date Start date

DC

Moderator Emeritus
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/ap/washington/story.html?s=v/ap/19990731/pl/clinton_friends_judge_1.html
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Clinton Picks Tried Hubbell, Trie

By PETE YOST Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - The chief judge of the U.S. District Court bypassed the
traditional random assignment system to send criminal cases against presidential
friends Webster Hubbell and Charlie Trie to judges appointed by President Clinton,
according to court officials.

U.S. District Judge Norma Holloway Johnson's decision to abandon the longtime
random computer assignment for the high-profile cases has raised concerns among
several other judges, according to Associated Press interviews with them.

The judges also raise concerns about an appearance of possible conflicts of interest,
because judges who got the cases were friendly with key players - presidential
confidant Vernon Jordan and defense lawyer Reid Weingarten - and made rulings that
handicapped prosecutors.......
[/quote]

Why am I not surprised?

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

Gad...I think we're moving closer to the "Shoot the bastards" end of the scale on a daily basis...

------------------
John/az

"The middle of the road between the extremes of good and evil, is evil. When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..."

http://www.countdown9199.com

i agree John. ain't nothin like playin' w/ a stacked deck!!

DC, knowing how on top of things you are, i suspect that very little surprises you :) i appreciate all that you bring to the forum. although a good deal of it makes my blood boil, and the wife makes me turn the 'puter off :D, it's all stuff that needs to be known.
as usual, thanks for the info...

------------------
what me worry?

[This message has been edited by longhair (edited August 01, 1999).]

Did you really expect anything less from the current administration? Doesn't surprise me one bit.

I'm gonna have to learn to stay out of the Legal and Political Forum. I don't need this much aggravation in my life.

This certainly stinks, however it's the same smell that's been emminating for Washington for some time now.

------------------
Thanks,

Stan

Back