Clint Smith on firearms safety

booker_t

..so, I couldn't find this having been posted anywhere else, if it's a dupe I apologize. From earlier this year, Mr. Smith gives us a little personal narrative on firearms safety. Most of us know it and live it, but it's always good to hear it again. And every new or beginner shooter should watch this, in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uytPO0UaDM

If you were to re-do the rules, how would you word them? Is there a better way to word them for kids?

Last edited:
Training kids simply requires time and consistency. The rules of firearm safety are good as is however. Our training sessions to them were play sessions. A breach in the safety rules meant finished for the day and an explanation why. Today they are little professionals handling firearms. Better than most of the adults at the range I RO at.

Sketter Skelton wrote a book on Misses. He defined a miss as not hitting the target or hitting something you did not intend to hit.

It is one of the best primers on gun safety and one of the funniest books I have ever read.

If anyone knows the title I would appreciate the name. I loaned my copy to someone and it never came back.

I really enjoyed Skeeter Skelton's writing. Was that the one with the beer bottle tossed in the air- "let that be a lesson"?

Clint Smith really boils it down to it's bare essence. Lifestyle- correct.

In my experience with Clint Smith I have always found him to be clear, concise and consistent. He is not only an excellent instructor but also a skilled shooter.

Back