Clickers

It was usually called a "cricket".

Watch the movie "The Longest Day". there's a scene in it about them, and how they were intended to be used.

One click, was to be answered by two clicks, and generally it did work, in the dark and confusion, but there is also a scene in the movie where a paratrooper gets shot after coming out in the open because he heard two clicks.

The two clicks that guy heard was a German working the bolt on his Mauser 98 rifle...

I don't think they were used after the D-Day invasion.

If you're talking about something else, you need to explain a bit more...

When you pull the trigger and hear a click instead of a bang???

All sorts of things. Not letting the primer pocket/brass dry completely after wet tumbling, primer not seated all the way, and weak springs could all be probable causes

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
if you are referring to bolt lift click. From what I have been told it could be one of two things.

Your die isn't sizing the base small enough, and it's probably because you running max pressure or you have a die that is to big at the bottom or isn't set up correctly.

If the base is expanding .001 or more, you are too hot and bumping the shoulder more than the same amount is over working the brass and is un-necessary.

"When you pull the trigger and hear a click instead of a bang???"It's called a misfire. Also, wait a bit before opening the bolt as it might be a hang fire. Usually that would be like, click...bang. :eek:
Paul B.

Back