Cleveland RNC and open carry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty Rivers

Cleveland RNC and open carry

The press is already spinning up Open Carry at the convention. Let me start out by saying I am open carry advocate. However there are going to be all kinds of people and press trying to spot an open carry issue at the convention area and make a nation wide issue about it.

Please. Please, Please in this one case don't open carry in Cleveland during the convention. Nothing good can come of it. There will be so much security that trying to defend yourself will get you shot by the convention security team. Leave you guns at home THIS ONE TIME. Don't give the haters an opportunity to make this about evil gun totters.

Trump is our only hope to get the Supreme Court staffed with judges that are driven by the Constitution, not their own political views.

Vote for Trump and PLEASE don't open carry in Cleveland during the RNC event, then Open Carry everywhere and often

I am not especially fond of "the Donald" but I agree with the above. Openly armed citizens will be described by the press as "heavily armed Trump gangsters" and "vicious right wing thugs and Nazis". The Democrats and their press allies are not above creating stories to suit their adoration of Hillary and depict Trump as a neo-Nazi and his supporters as "SS thugs" and the like. Why play into their hands. Sure they can, and probably will, hire actors to pretend to be Trump supporters; we probably can't stop that, but we need not play into the "evil, gun toting, right-wing, Nazi gun crazies" picture of gun owners that the Democrats want to foist on the public.

Jim

While being careful about OC is a reasonable statement, overt calls to vote for a candidate are not in our mission (however zealous you feel):

5. Topics and conduct that will not be tolerated:

Multiple registrations
Drive-by cut and paste posting
Cross posting (Posting the same, or substantially the same, thread/topic in multiple forums)
Political Advocacy posts, or any purely political topic. However, some very few exceptions may be made.
Conspiracy threads or posts
Posts or threads on Race, Religion, and Sexuality
The End Of The World As We Know It (TEOTWAWKI), AKA: SHTF or Doomsday threads and Zombie threads
Knowingly and willfully advocating violation of a standing federal or state law (any state)
Violating our Copyrighted Material Policy

Thus, closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back