Cleaning Titanium...HELP!!

andreb

Hello there everyone. I'm pretty familiar with the revolver and semi-auto cleaning techniques however my Taurus 85 Miltialloy is my first experience with Titanium. For the outside of the gun no ploblem, just oil it up and ready to go but what about the places where lead might build up. For now I think it won't be a problem since I'm shoting jacketed only.

What kind of solvents should I use?

Will some solvents damage Ti?

What about metal brushes for the cylinders, can they damage the Ti protective layer inside the tubes?

Thank you in advance for any responses,

André

With the Taurus safety and instruction book comes a one page sheet entitled "Taurus Titanium Revolvers Special Instructions".

Synopsis:

1: Don't try to unscrew the barrel.

2: Don't use any abrasive material whatsoever.

3: Don't use +P lead ammo.

They give a number to call for questions: (305)624-1115

Too bad, 'cause my favorite cleaner is Rem Clean for my steel revolvers but I'm afraid to use it on the Taurus. So I use Hoppes, a nylon brush and elbow grease on my Taurus.

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where you're posting from. Elbow grease is a North American colloquialism for lots of hard repeditive work.

Elbow grease

Thanks for the info and the English lesson :o As you correctly assumed, I was under the impression that elbow grease was actually some kind of heavy duty grease used in lubricating large pieces of equipment.

My gun didn't come with that paper you mentioned, I guess I better call Taurus and have them send me one right away.

Thanks for the info,

André

Back