Cleaning suggestion..

jrothWA

Other night was cleaning the T/C new Englander and noticed a rough area when pushing patch down barrel, wondering how to handle it when i spooted remmenant of old blue jean on the bench. Cut a patch from a lightly worn section and ushed in down the bore and felt it engage teh rough area and kept going to the bottm, reversed and withdrew the patch.

Turn patch over and redid the bore and slide nicely all the way down.

Sound like a nice way to polish the bore.

Comments??

I've been using denim for years. It makes a great patch material and really sticks to the rifling.

Go to a fabric store and measure the thicknesses and then stock up on the size you like.

I sometimes like to use diesel, something my grand pappy suggested. Swab a patch and let it soak for a while really cleans barrels and bolts very good and diesel contains oil so does to things at the same time.

Old jeans are fine for cleaning but one should use new material which would be of the same uniform thickness throughout for shooting and swabbing being shots for consistency.

Should work pretty well, really.

For cleaning my revolver I use a tight fitting wad made out of paper towel and soaked in vegetable oil, but denim has the benefit of being reusable.

Back