cleaning scope lenses ?

Done properly, you'd use the same type of routine that you would use for a high-dollar camera lense.

You might want to try a Lens Pen. ( LensPenUSA.com )

I bought one off Amazon and use it on my binoculars. It is recommended for those along with camera lens and telescopes.

Good lens cleaning solution or alcohol on a smooth lens tissue or soft cloth should work well. I use glass cleaner on paper towels, but that's me.

I thought alcohol and Windex were contraindicated because they might attack the lens coating. No?

Paper towels can scratch. Ideally, microfiber cloth, and I thought the cleaning medium should be distilled water.

Lens Pen. I have a few and they are the old black version (20 -30 years old.) The cap keeps them very clean. They work extremely well cleaning scope and binocular glass.

One more for Zeiss pads. I keep them handy all the time for cleaning my glasses, smart phone screen or any other lense that needs cleaning.

Therapeutic-Papers

Good lens cleaning solution or alcohol on a smooth lens tissue or soft cloth should work well. I use glass cleaner on paper towels, but that's me.
That is basically what I use, for the exception of the paper towels. I use "Therapeutic-Papers". Old-timers call it bung-Fodder. ..... :confused:

Safety supply houses also sell a special lens cleaning paper. ....... ;)

Be Frugal and;
Be Safe !!!!

I use the packaged zeiss lens wipes (alcohol) and toss. I keep them around.

A clean tea shirt and lens cleaning solution works well as long as the tea shirt is clean.

On wet days I keep a couple folded paper towels in dry pockets so I can dry the lenses off quickly. Good enough. I don't buy overpriced scopes and never had a problem. Some are coated.

Back