Cleaning Rods

S.F.S

What is the best and safest style rod to use when cleaning revolvers since they are cleaned from the muzzle most of the time, Stainless steel, brass, coated stainless steel or plain old aluminum.
Thank you for your opinions..

I have the coated Dewey rods which are very nice but I have started using the "Boresnakes" and really like them . Good luck , Mike...

I have been using the Boresnakes on about everything . The only thing they will not do on the revolver is clean the face of the cylinder , I use a lead away cloth for that . It is amazing how fast they work and how well they clean . Good luck , Mike...

Hey Mike
Do you do the cylinder with the bore-snake also?
I have used the bore snake on a .22 rifle before, and I usually soaked the brushes and the patch section arond it in some solvent first is that how you also do it?
Scott

Scott , I use it on the cylinder holes also . I dont soak the Boresnakes with anything , just pull them through about 3 times and I am done . I usually run a oily patch through when I am going to put them back in the safe , I guess you could put a little oil on the tail end of the Boresnake and accomplish the same thing . They do a great job on shotgun barrels also . Good luck , Mike...

Back