Cleanest & most accurate 9mm target ammo.

SGB

What is the most accurate and clean 9mm target ammo for an HK USP? A buddy bought 1000rds of some Russian stuff and it seemed to run dirty as Hell through his Beretta!! With the price of 1000rds of something like Winchester only about $10-$15 more I was wondering what I should buy when the time comes? Stopping power isn't that big of a deal, I'll use hollow pts for my home defense anyway.

The best 9mm target type ammo I have ever used is the SPEER 115 TMJ. It is clean, reliable and very accurate in my Browning HP. 50 rounds $9.00

.357Sig,
I have used Blazers before and I have noticed that they leave much less residue than those Russian rounds. I'm going to keep Blazers in mind.

Winchester White Box isn't bad and can be found on sale in the Houston area for $5.99 for a box of 50.

I find the Federal pretty clean, although rather pricey.

------------------
"Screw you guys, I'm going home!" Cartman 1998

Federal M882 is very clean. M882 is what Federal sells to the U.S. military. I bought some at Natchez, 800-251-7839, last year for about $7.25 per box, plus shipping and handling.

I am currently shooting Sellier and Bellot 9mm in my USP. While it is not as clean as the Federal, it is not bad. Natchez has it for $5.39 per box.

I like Fiocchi 115 gr ball, realtively cheap when on sale and queaky clean through my 9's. They do tend to have hard primers but for target purposes, what the hey.

I like the PMC 115-gr. variety myself. I found it to be cleaner than the Winchester white box, and it costs the same where I shop ($6.99/50).

Cawdor mentioned Natchez as a supplier and S&B 9mm. Can someone tell me where or what Natchez is?

Vee

------------------

I personally find Winchester SXT 147gr JHP to be the most accurate load I've shot so far. Downside: expensive.

A close 2nd would have to be Georgia-Arms' 115gr JHP. It's accurate, clean, factory-loaded, and inexpensive enough to practice with.

Back