Claymore mine bags

Model12Win

Hey guys! Well after learning about guys in Vietnam using M18 Claymore mine bags to carry shotgun shells and spare magazines etc. etc. I decided to try and purchase one. Recently I found one on e-bay for $16 with free shipping, and bought it. Here is a picture:

m7_bandoleer.jpg

This bag is actually called the "M7 bandoleer" if my research is correct. As mentioned, it is made to hold an M18 Claymore anti-personnel mine plus accouterments. I really like this thing, it is Vietnam War surplus and is in great shape. I am currently using it to store extra stripper clips for my SKS but it could be used for all kinds of things. Originally it had a sort of plastic sheet with instructions for the Claymore mine stiched into the flap on the inside, but I ripped it out as many did when using it to store ammo. The bag goes over the shoulder and has two compartments secured by snaps. It is very well made with extra stitching and good materials. I really like it!

Anyway I thought I'd share this with you all. If you are in the market for an over the shoulder ammo bag and want something cheap, or want what real Vietnam soldiers used to carry ammo (especially shotgun shells), this might be something to pick up on e-bay etc. I sure like mine!

-M12Winchester :)

Back