Civvie vs. Tactical Camelbaks?

HKguy9

The civilian Camelbak HAWG seems to be different from the tactical HAWGs...? Is this so? I saw one for cheaper on an outdoorsey site but will opt for the other more expensive one as they seem to be different and the civvie one has a funny shape and lots of loud, gawdawful untactical colors.

Yo mama so tactical.

LOL ROTFLMAO. Yo Mama so tactical HA HA HA thats the funniest thing I've ever read on here. I can't wait to use it at the range.

The "tactical" ones are still using an older design. The more colorful ones get a redesign about every year or so.

The tactical one also holds a bit more gear (1100 cu in vs 1080 cu in). Get a Tactical Tailor zipper pouch or something and put it on the PALS and add in a few hundred more cu in for stuff.

volume displacement

also keep in mind that full bladders will take up some of the stated volume for the packs in question.

if you want volume - buy yourself a bladder or a CB storm and place it in an AIII eagle pack.

if you get one of the militarized versions, get it in balc so that it would not draw attention as quickly as OD or woodycam.

Or ...

do what I did about 30+ years ago.

Wear a bota-bag wine-drinker thing - under all your camo-wear. Costs about $6 - then modify a bit.

Modifiy the screw-on neck-thing to take a plastic tube (yes, just drill it out to fit the tube). Stuff it down to the bottom of the bag & use an IV clamp to close off the tube (if you care) - drink as you want.

Wear it like a cross-draw shoulder rig.

I've a Camel-Back, but doesn't do what I want re having water out of the way. The Camel-Back puts my water on my back & in the way of my day-pack. My bota-bag-thing keeps water out of the way - slosh-free, freeze-free, quiet & accessible.

I'm (still) 30 years ahead of the pack. ;)

I purchased a Camelback HAWG from Lightfighter and cannot be more pleased with it . Actually it's for my son and he LOVES IT !
Got it in woodland cammo . It holds everything he needs and can attach optional cargo bags on the back for even more capicity .
It is 10 times better than the civilian verson .

Back