Civil War Staff Officers sword-replica

Hdonly

I have always wanted a Civil War sword. I found this replica for $49.00 free shipping last week. So I decided what the heck and bought one. Looks pretty decent for the money. Pictures of the real thing and my replica.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1850 staff field officer.resized.jpg
    1850 staff field officer.resized.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 357
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 340
Not too bad. At least it doesn't have a nut on the pomel like a lot of the so called repros have.:D I had an original Ames with the floral hilt and engraved blade once upon a time.

I would like the real deal, but the price is just more than I want to spend. If I am going to spend what most are asking, I would buy another gun.

If you notice the pebbled look on the leather of the original hilt, it's shark skin and there's nothing that feels like an original. Maybe some of the high priced repros can come close.

Hawg. you are so right about the feel of shark skin. Years ago I used to go down to the fishing docks in Destin, Fl in the afternoon. You could get all the free sharks you wanted off the fishing boats. Ate a lot of grilled shark back then. The feel of their skin is very unique. Now days they don't give them away. Everyone discovered how good eating it was. You will pay for it now.

Back