civil rights or individual rights

arthur

gentlemen,individual rights and freedoms is what the u.s.a. was founded on ,we were born with these.they were not granted to us by anyone or anything!our individual rights and freedoms are being taken away from us with the -granting-of-civil rights.-everyone-,has individual rights and freedom,no one should have civil rights. gents i get in discussions everyday with people,a minority agree with me.what do you learned people think? thankyou arthur

Although you asked for "learned" people, I'll butt in with, "Right on! How about you run for public office!" :)

Arthur - your typing is almost as bad as mine...
Your right. The whole USA mess was started for individual rights which were denied them in the euro nations we fled from.

We wanted to be citizens of a free country - not subjects of a king.

Now look where we are - Subjects of King William the Worst... Sigh.

------------------
"There is no limit to stupidity. Space itself is said to be bounded by its own curvature, but stupidity continues beyond infinity."
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

I think you will find that there are getting to be more like you who have either re-discovered the truth, or like me have had it confirmed. When one wants to take away your rights the first thing they have to do is convince you that they granted those rights in the first place. Once this is accomplished it is an easy matter to then limit them by degrees for the kids sake; until they are gone.

------------------
Richard

The debate is not about guns,
but rather who has the ultimate power to rule,
the People or Government.
RKBA!

Calling him King William reminds me of the little poem some of my Irish ancestors recited: "Up the long ladder,and down the short rope. King Billy be damned, God save the Pope."

TYhe more things change the more they stay the same.

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

I anticipated this topic would get more attention. Maybe it's because we do not understand the difference between Individual and Civil rights.
In this country, individual rights are those rights possessed by or granted to all.
Civil rights are those rights granted to only some of the citizens.
What this means on balance is that some citizens have more rights than others.
Since it is a "zero-sum game" it is necessary for some citizens to give up some of theit rights in the name of civility.

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

Consider this....
If individual rights were respected, honored and protected, there would be no need for civil rights, much less the concept of civil rights.

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Back