Cimmaron Old Model P

medic15al

Hi! I just obtained a Cimmaron Old Model P 5 1/2 in Bbl. In Charcoal blue and wanted to Post an observation.

I have a Pietta 4 3/4 in copy (Heritage) In the later frame format also, and was surprised when cleaning my Cimmaron that the cylinder bushing is a two piece affair compared to he later frame's one piece unit. I guess the Old Model P really is a copy of the SAA 1st gen!

BTW both are 45 Colt and fired with blackpowder loads! THOMP! :)

I have a Pietta 4 3/4 in copy (Heritage) In the later frame format also, and was surprised when cleaning my Cimmaron that the cylinder bushing is a two piece affair compared to he later frame's one piece unit. I guess the Old Model P really is a copy of the SAA 1st gen!

Are you saying that the bushing is two pieces? Or the cylinder has a one piece bushing. Colts never had a two piece bushing, it was always a slip fit single piece. For a while the 3rd Gen Colts had the bushing pressed into the cylinder, and it was not removable, but a few years ago Colt went back to a removable bushing.

Here is a photo of the bushing and cylinder from an Uberti Cattleman on the left, and a 2nd Gen Colt on the right.

cylinderbushings02.jpg

Driftwood,

It is the same as you pictured, my apologies for the bad wording.

First time I had a cylinder bushing like this, surprised me a bit.

Timothy... No hammer block safety.

Back