Cimarron Pocket .380

TruthTellers

Skip to 11:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXEQuobnxg

We're 7 months removed from SHOT 2017, I'm just wondering if anybody has had this on their watch list and if this is actually coming out. Looks like this is an 1862 Pocket Police without an ejector rod or loading gate.

What makes me excited about this is it could possibly be converted to shoot .375 round balls by swapping the cylinder and barrel.

When the video finally got to the few seconds talking about it around the 11.00 minute mark they said mid September.
Why did I watch.:eek:
Just when I thought my short list was down to only a couple guns something new I just have to have comes out!
One question though. The rep mentioned "no loading gate". Is that something I just haven't noticed in SA revolvers? What keeps the rounds from backing out, jamming the cylinder?

Historically, many of the pocket models did not have loading gates. Since the chambers don't line up with the port except at half cock, it's not typically a problem. Unless it's pointed skyward while being cocked.

While some of the modern conversions allow this, the original cartridge conversions were never meant to be "convertible".

Pass - already have one.
Now if I can just find some .38 rimfire..... :p

6d635f4b46a1da361bf9b06e0b44f8042be3a19.jpg

Historically, many of the pocket models did not have loading gates. Since the chambers don't line up with the port except at half cock, it's not typically a problem. Unless it's pointed skyward while being cocked.
Kind of what I was thinking. Just have to be aware of how you hold it when cocking the hammer.

I disagree with the sour-pusses. If you like cartridge conversions and want a Colt Pocket model, it's the only way to get one other than a $2000 custom job and a several year wait. :rolleyes:

I disagree with the sour-pusses. If you like cartridge conversions and want a Colt Pocket model, it's the only way to get one other than a $2000 custom job and a several year wait. :rolleyes:
Hey Jack, got any .38 rf? ;)

I did check Cimarron's website, but didn't see this .380 listed.

I'm skeptical about the bullet being so far back in the cylinder. Seems like a long way to go before reaching the barrel.

Carmady said:

I'm skeptical about the bullet being so far back in the cylinder. Seems like a long way to go before reaching the barrel.

You mean this gun might not possess hair-splitting accuracy?

Everybody seems to have the "wants" for a .45 ACP cylinder for thier .45 Colt revolvers. And then there are those who shoot .44 Special or .44 Russian in their .44 Magnums.

Bob Wright

I think its neat and am sure it will be a fun gun to shoot. I am glad gun manufacturers are making new guns and trying out new ideas, image if you opened your safe and all you saw was a single type gun like say a Glock! Just kidding I like glocks but would not want to just own them and no other type of firearm.

As for the 45acp cylinder you can keep it I just cut mine for moon clips in my DA revolvers and love it!

Back