Cimarron Buntline

RugerSAfan

A while back, I was looking at one the magazines at the bookstore, and there was a review on a new buntline
put out by Cimarron.

I looked at their website, and didn't see any info. on it.
Anyone know anything about this?

BTW, how is the quality / durability of the Cimarron compared
to the Ruger?

you should give Cimmaron a call and find out--i'd love to have one myself--i shoot an old Virginia Dragoon buntline in cowboy part of the time--it is a 44 mag but i shoot 44 spec in it since one of my other revolvers is a Cimmaron 44 spec and it works better to have all my ammo the same caliber.......

As for the Cimmaron quality ect--i think and i think most folks agree that their quality is as good as you get........However they are still colt clones and the colt design just will not take the beating that the Rugers will take......i sent my Cimmaron to Bob Munden for an action job a few years back--one of the stories i read at the time said that after you get your gun back from Munden that you will think that he forgot to put the springs back in it........whoever wrote the story was not kidding--when you pull the hammer back you don't feel anything--it's so slick you wonder if it is going to fire--but it has not missed a beat in the years i have used it......... i also use a 7 1/2 " Ruger Vaquero as my main gun in cowboy--so it takes most of the beating--or as much beating as 5.2 gr of 231 with a 240 gr bullet can give it (very light)....................Dick

Back