Ciener .22 conversion kits

JohnPL

Anyone have experience with these .22 conversion kits? I'd like to get one for my Taurus PT-92 and was wondering about accuracy, reliability, etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Platinum (one with adjustable sights) for my 1991A1. Its as accurate as I am and seems well made. Unfortunately it seldom makes it thought an entire magazine without a FTE/FTF. It seems to cycle very slow.

John, do a search on the word "Ciener", and you will come up with quite a few threads talking about them. From what I have read there seems to be mixed results, and they tend to be ammo sensitive. I own a 92 and am waiting until Beretta comes out with their conversion later this year.

Terry

I have one on my Beretta 92...it likes Super-X (just as their manual says). If I feed it Super-X, it does great...it is very accurate...it does NOT lock back after the last round is fired....the mags are $35.00 but are the best .22 conversion mags I have seen accept for the CZ Kadet mags.

A little additional info:

I've used Winchester Wildcat high velocity, Remington High Velocity (recommended in the manual) and CCI Stingers. The FTE/FTF are consistent with all three brands. I haven't tried Super X. I'll have to pick up a box.

I do like being able to shoot 22LR on my 1911 platform and do not regret buying the unit for cheap practice. Sure wish I could get it to cycle reliably tho....

I too have a Platinum Model and have yet to have a FTF with Winchester Super X. It just so happens to be the favorite "cheap" load for my 10/22T so I feed it to my Ceiner as well.

Back