CIA U-Fix-Em Mausers?

tobnpr

Any idea what these 7.62 x 51 "German Mauser Standard Rifle MDL" are?

Not much of description, maybe they don't know the origin of the conversions?

Anyone brave enough to have bought any?

I have no idea. 7.62x51 is 7.62 NATO or .308 Winchester. The Mauser rifle originated in Germany, but various models were made all over the world.

If that is an ad, there must be more information than just that.

Jim

Possibly ex-Israeli .308s. Since the Israelis are dumping older surplus weapons, it may be possible that these are part of that lot. If this is the case, they are either early post war Czechoslovakian made 98s or later FN made guns.

If that is an ad, there must be more information than just that.

Would have thought so, but that's it...
Can't post a link because it requires a dealer account to view it in their "U-Fix-Em" section.

Edit: Those say "coming soon", not available yet. But I did just buy one of the Czech BRNO K98K's. I'm hoping it at least comes with the bolt, it'll be worth the price for the action alone. Like rolling the dice...

Last edited:
The description is very vague.

Condition: Poor, Incomplete.

No U-Fix-Em are sold as shooters, these are for parts value only. These could be missing any parts, including bolts

I have bought a few U-fix-ems and been pleased.
I never had any trouble finding the missing parts or broken parts.
I just took time and MONEY.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you've been pleased overall with them. It'll be interesting to see what these K98K 7.62's are.

I saw it listed at Century website too but not brave enough to buy one. Many Israeli .308s went to South America countries, bores could be in pretty bad shape and receiver pitted under wood line.

Yeah, roll of the dice.

If it's a rusted out sewer pipe, I'll be sure to post back.

Otherwise, I'll buy another dozen, and you'll never hear a word :D

Back