CIA Mosin-Nagant M38?

carguychris

Anybody order one from Century recently? (No, not the spy agency CIA, the milsurp dealer CIA.) ;)

I don't have an M38 yet. I'd like to get one, but every example I've found recently has IMHO barely qualified for "Good" condition, which is too beat-up and/or shot-out to meet my standards. :( However, Century is now advertising them in "Excellent" condition. Anyone know if they're as advertised?

Thanks!

My Mosin M44 is stamped as a Century arms import, I didn't get it from them, I bought it from a gun shop, but the shop probably got it directly from Century. It was advertised as condition: good by the shop, I don't know their system of standards differs from Century's. Which of course made me a bit apprehensive. The upside was, the shop had several M44's in stock, and allowed me to choose the best one, since it's a local place and all. The stock has nicks and all, but is for the most part in decent shape, the buttplate and bolt don't match the serial number of the receiver and the mag, but that doesn't matter to me. The action is smooth, and perhaps most importantly, the bore is perfect. I've put hundreds of rounds through it, and couldn't be happier with its performance. The money was definitely very, very well-spent.

Anyhow, here's a pic.

_IGP9441.jpg

Back