Chuck E. Cheese Responds, Predictably

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
You all may have seen my first thread regarding Chuck E.

My email to them read:

I recently brought my family to your location in Vestal, NY. I found
it quite disturbing to see a "No Firearms" sign posted at the front
doors. Such signs are the definition of senseless. Law-abiding
citizens who have been issued a permit to carry firearms have, at
minimum, endured a lengthy background check process and pose a threat
to no one. On the other hand, those who intend harm will pay no heed
to a simple sign banning firearms and will, in fact, find a room
filled with defenseless victims who will, being honest and law
abiding, be totally unarmed.
I am very disappointed that your company has taken a position favoring
criminals and discriminating against law abiding citizens.
I will not be visiting your business again.

Well, I have received their response, actually last Thursday, and I replied to their response. I held off posting until today to see if they would answer my second query. They have not.

So, their response is:

Mr. Pfleuger,

We are in receipt of your email and understand your position regarding your
right to carry a firearm. For the safety of all of our customers and
employees, Chuck E. Cheese's chooses to maintain the position of no firearms allowed on their premises.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

As predicted, I could have written it for them...

My response was short and to the point:

Would you mind explaining the danger, please?

I have not received, and expect not to, a response to that question.

C'est La Vie.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect to get a response either. They have already decided that the conversation is over. They have stated their position, no explanation required.

You need only exercise your option to no longer do business with them. Since they are a franchise business, maybe only this owner has the policy?

Until they put up metal detectors, and require me to obey them by force of law, I will continue to ignore these signs. :) Just me. I do not want to be in that one place where some wacko comes in and mows a bunch of people down, and we all sit there like little bottles of urine, and get ventilated.

peetzakilla,

Why are you bothering with Chuck E. Cheese? I'm sure your pizza is much better anyway.

But seriously, well done. And of course you won't get an answer. There really is no answer. But the fact that there is no good answer will not stop business from doing this sort of thing as long as they think the bulk of their customers will like it that way. And, in some places, they are probably right about that.

Had a similar response a while back...

... from IKEA.

Haven't shopped there since.

I've been to a Chuck E Cheese once, when my godson was six. I couldn't be dragged back in there by two of my lady's horses, so I doubt they'd notice my boycott over their firearms policy. But I'm now officially boycotting them for more than their crappy food and ridiculous prices.

(For that matter, IKEA isn't all that high on the quality meter...)

Hmmmm..... I wonder if there's a connection between marketing outpacing quality, and stupidity toward firearms?

peetzakilla,

Why are you bothering with Chuck E. Cheese? I'm sure your pizza is much better anyway.

Well, it isn't because he is trying to make CEC a better place and thereby helping their business to be more competitive in the market place, right?

fiddletown said:

It's the toys, man. I can't compete with the toys. :D

The pizza, yeah, my pizza's better than theirs' when mine is three days old!

Quality pizza is a good thing.

The pizza, yeah, my pizza's better than theirs' when mine is three days old!

That's truly the benchmark of quality pizza,,,
It gets better after a couple of days in the fridge,,,
it takes time for all of those flavors to meld up just right.

Aarond

Around here it doesn't much matter if they are posted or not as they sell alcohol (beer) for consumption on the premises and as such are a no-no for NC carry.

Now, having been in one I can understand why they sell beer.

I also understand why they have a 2 beer maximum.........

I would have to ask, why in the world would you go to Chukie Cheese:p? In Texas most if not all signs say "The possession of an unlicensed firearm in this establishment is a violation of article &^%^$.

Vince

I also understand why they have a 2 beer maximum.........

2 beer max?!?! They do not have that at the one by me. Then again, I am in WI and you are in NC. Different state of mind between the two states when it comes to drinking.

Reminds me of a few years back I was out in Charlotte for work. Me and so co-workers went out after work for drinking and dinner. (Do not remember if we staying in NC or ventured to SC.) There were 3 of us and we ordered a pitcher. By the time we were done with the appetizers the pitcher was empty and we ordered another one. Well, we tried to. We were told that we could not order another pitcher. Would not let us order beer by the glass/bottle either. We were cut off.

We were gobsmacked. Never had such a thing happen before.

A friend of mine came up with a brilliant business plan. Open upChuck E. Cheeses with stripper bars next door. Give the dads a place to flee! Man, I hate the rat and all he stands for. Just recollecting that place gives me a headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back