Chrony diffusers

mihlit

Inactive
Hi,

I was testing a few new loads with chronographs and I shot them. I was lucky, because they are not dead. I hit both right diffuser rods and it damaged one of the diffusers.

I want to build new diffusers from white semi-transparent acrylic glass. I need the diffuser's dimensions for that. The chronographs I shot belong to the shooting range club and I forgot to take them with me, so I can't measure it myself.

Could someone who has shooting chrony chronographs (alpha, beta, m1, f1,...) measure the diffusers? Length should be around 14.5" but it's not critical. Width is more important for me, because we have the light kit installed, so I need the width to be exactly the same as original.

If you're going to shoot a chronograph, it's always best to shoot someone else's.
Are you going to be allowed to borrow them again?
Chances are the club will order new diffusers and charge you for them anyway.
And in the meantime, they will point you out to the other members who wanted to use them as the guy who did it.
You might want to lay low for awhile. :)

P.S.
I was going to be a nice guy and measure the ones on mine, but they are the old style and nothing like the ones you need.
Sorry.
Yeah, I've shot mine too, a couple of times.
And yet it lives.
Good stuff, them Chronys.

:D Sure, I think I will be able to borrow them again. They won't order replacement. I've proudly confessed my guilt, that I was the dumb one, who shot them. Mainly to prevent the situation when more people try to fix them or order replacement parts. I was a laughing target for a while (nothing else interesting enough happened that day) and that was all :D

Thanks for trying to take the measurements.

Last edited:
Back