Christmas came early for me

grubbylabs

Well I had to take a dog to Utah to sell her and while I was their I took the opportunity to look at two gun shops that happened to be near where I was dropping of the dog. I got lucky and one of them had Lee molds and other casting equipment. So I picked up a TC 230 grain .452 for my XD ( I hope it feeds them OK) and I picked up a .430 240 grain SWC for my 44, plus a Lyman 20# bottom pour pot along with a Lyman ladle. They were a little more than Midway but I like giving my money to small shops more than I do large companies.

But I put the stuff up in the closet so my wife can give it to me for Christmas, can't wait to use it all:D

The TC 452 boolit should feed beautifully in you XD. I got part of my XMAS gift early too. My GF bought me a sweet range bag with tons of pockets. Can't wait to fill it up with all my junk before my next range visit!! :D

Ya I hope so it is shaped like most hollow points so I hope it does good.

So is your range bag full of smaller presents? Hope you get some cool stuff.

My range bag will have the 460 Rowland kit I just ordered for my Kimber 1911 in it... :D :D

I don't think Santa's elves make 460 Rowland kits like Clark Custom Guns does...

Your going to love the money you will save casting, and it’s a lot of fun once you get set up, If you don’t all ready have one, I would recommend you pick up the Lyman Cast Bullet book. Its full of loads plus it will explain how to slug your barrel as well as fluxing and alloy mix. Have fun with it.

I did not think about the book I am going to order the Lee sizing dies that you put in your regular press so I will add the book to the order. :DThanks.

So I went ahead and ordered the dies just a few minutes ago and I added the new book to the order, it was only 18.00 dollers so I figured that was pretty cheap for a reloading book.

Last edited:
Back