Chow Yan Fat two-gun method (Part 2)

thequickad

After reading the threads, I went back and reviewed "the replacement killer" and "the corruptor" in both movies, Chow did run dry on his dual Berettas and switched to his 2nd pairs and 3rd pairs and did two mag changes. So apparently Mr. Fat is getting the mechanics correctly. However, this method is pretty much worthless in real shootout since you cannot control either gun in rapid fire successions.

Ah - see - your missing out on some key points.

You need to rent John Woo / Chow Yun Fat's "HARD BOILED". There you will see the need to train on the 2 gun method specificaly starting out with twin Tokarovs.
Caged birds optional.
If your shooting skill is not up to par - obviosly your needing to improve on your STYLE FACTOR. Try various ACTION POSES, Back Ground Music or Sun Glasses.
If your still not getting it right - try a "Badguy Gun" pair - such as Desert Eagles, or Skorpions - adjusting your style accordingly (all Black) you may see a drastic improvement.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
Hey, have I mentioned my new book? It is called:
MEN ARE FROM MARS and WOMEN JUST NEED TO DEAL WITH IT!

It helps accurate target engagement at high speeds to use blanks, too! :)

------------------
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel!

A second incarnation?

At the last gun show I went to, I think I saw a book by Louis Awerbuck(?). The front cover photo showed him with two pistols, one shoulder level and extended and the other withdrawn for hip shots.

It's so nice to see that somebody agrees with me. ;)

[This message has been edited by SB (edited November 29, 1999).]

I believe the point is to carry enough guns to the gun fight so you never have to reload. In this case, no less than 6 full loaded Beretta 92 flying slides. When you run dry with one, just toss it and draw the others and continue firing. As for the beer, do like the bicycle riders, use a camel back, that way, you can have both hands shooting and won't miss a drop of beer... :D

The beer is to be served in a heavy glass mug which is then slammed down on the nearest bartop or tabletop with force great enough to cause the contents to leap into the air, suspended during the entirety of the ensuing gunfight. As the pistols are reholstered, the beer sloshes back into the glass, whereupon it is consumed.

Another critical point is in the location of the shooting. It should be in an environment that has hallways with many windows/doors with which to jump thru/into whilst discharging both firearms in the stylish mid-air leap. Also need windows, 55 gal. barrels etc for the BGs to be flung through/over etc after being tagged multiple times.

fal308, those 55 gallon barrel also must have highly explosive liquids inside, all of them.

CMOS

------------------
Join GOA, LEAA, NRA and vote!

I wonder if in the upcoming Anna and the King with Jodie Foster He'll pull out two navy colts and. . .

Well I've had it with foreign productions. We have proventime and again that Hollyweird is king of cheesyness, timeto take backour power!

How's this: John Travolta squares off with Ice T who is somehow really a Columbian drug lord in disguise. Ice orders his twenty henchmen to waste John with their Uzis but Travolta , quick as lightning draws an S&W 640 Centennial in .357 and a Glock 27 in .40

The Glock Kabooms sending all the BG's to their knees in ear splitting agony, followed by uncontrollable and loud shots from the centennial which not only shatters their eardrums but blows up 31 barrels of oil, one Stealth plane and a nearby minefield.

The BG's surrender and Ice, now deaf for life, realizesthe error of his ways, joins Scientology via John and writes Beethoven's unfinished symphonies as a result of getting in touch with his pain.

Works for me.
_____________________________________________--"Now if all of you who beleive in fairies clap your hand three times I'll be able to shoot seven guys with three bullets"--Woody Allen in "What's Up Tiger Lily"

haha... yur weird Doc..
Funny,... but weird

(not that I'm not)

------------------
"...you're thinkin was that 5 shots or was it 6? Well, you've gotta ask yourself one question: Do you feel lucky??? ...Well, do ya PUNK!?!?

Not bad Doc - but you forgot Catherine Zeta Jones wearing a ripped bikini at his side covering his six with an HK 53 with a fixed bayonet & a 40mm grenade launcher!

mmmm... Zeta...

:D

This is to Long Path and the rest of the CYF Method Part One posters:

Just wanted all of you to know, that I'm back! I know I was absent for a very long while, but I had lost the link. Who woulda thunk to put "the" in the URL? D'oh!

I'm currently in the developmental testing phases of a new two-handed method for engaging those unruly movie stuntmen. Wish I could say more, but . . . (see Step 11 in my Ma Vida Burrito Engaement Method)

PS, Salma says hello . . . =)

More to come . . .

Thanks for your time,

John Coleman

Oh, I almost forgot . . .

4V50 Gary:

The "Camelbak, Pete80, Camelbak" response was classic! Wit so concise that I had to clean my monitor screen upon reading it. I unfortunately was taking a sip of a soft drink when I read it. Now the colors in the bottom right-hand corner of my monitor appear to be "sun-faded". Absolutely hilarious.

Oh yeah, my lawyers will contact you about my damaged monitor . . . =)

John Coleman

I see both movies for a dual character as a hired killer and a Cop of the latter.

I agree with "thequickad" that during the changing of magazines shows the real mechanics in the Replacement Killer. But shooting with two guns at fast sequence in real life seems hard to do. I am not saying it is not possible, for somethings is possible to others but not to the other also.

I haven't shoot guns with both hands. I am going to try and see how it works but in real gun-battle I will not do that.

On the Corruptor, it really make the title properly to the some corrupt cops on the street. What is good in the movie there is a good purpose why he needs to be that way. Any way in the end he is still a hero.

[This message has been edited by stdalire (edited December 20, 1999).]

After re reading Doc's post:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>The BG's surrender and Ice, now deaf for life, realizesthe error of his ways, joins Scientology via John and writes Beethoven's unfinished symphonies as a result of getting in touch with his pain.[/quote]

Sounds like a chick flick!

Back