Choosing not to register a firearm

CmpsdNoMore

This is somewhat new information for me, so please forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject.
I did a search, but couldn't find any pertinent information.

I am moving to California at the beginning of next year and I am planning on taking a few firearms which are all legal to have in California (.22 semi-auto, K98, shotgun).
I saw on an NRA-ILA gun law website(link) that you are not required to register your firearms in either California or Wisconsin, where I live now.

When I purchased my K98 (my mom purchased my .22 when I was 16) I had to fill out a form and then the guy called in for the background check.
Was that form just for the background check or is that also included in the registration?

I'm going to be purchasing a shotgun soon and I would prefer not to register it. I'm not paranoid about big brother or anything, but I don't see a reason to when it's not required.
If the sales person gives me a form to register the shotgun, can I just say that I don't want to register it, what if he starts making a scene?

If it is not the law, then don't do it. If a cop ever asks "is this weapon registered to you" then say yes. How is he going to check? The ATF wanted to build that database but stopped when they found out they would be commiting a crime by doing so.

Back